Now that Festival is over the Stewarding Team are finalizing more of the GNW details. Here’s an update on a few items and a reminder about booking. Remember, book now, pay later.
- Transport Coordinator
- Electronic Sign In at Gate
- Bardic Competition
- Tents, Beds and Bedding
- Website link
- Event Link
- Booking Form Link
Robin of Twyford has graciously offered to be transport coordinator again. If you would like any assistance with transport to site from the airport or train station please contact him directly to facilitate. He can be reached at
Please ensure that ‘Transport Coordinator’ is in the subject line.
Electronic Sign In at Gate
After a lot of work behind the scenes we are pleased to announce that Electronic Sign In is now possible and will be implemented for this event. Simply rock up with your membership card or any other form of ID and our gate staff will sign you in and you can keep on walking (Assuming your membership is up to date and you have paid for the Event, which automatically gets checked as part of the sign in process.)
Seeing the success and enjoyment of activities like the Boar’s Head Theater at festival and general Bardic Circles we are please to announce a Bardic Competition at this years GNW. It will be held Saturday evening, with exact timing to be coordinated with the evening games.
Being the St Florian host year and Baron Rufus and Baroness Tova wishing to support and nurture the Performing Arts within the North they have kindly offered to support this competition. The winner, as judged by popular demand and themselves, will become the St Florian Baronial Bard. The competition is open to all, not just those residing in the St Florian. Indeed, the hope is the strong competition from outside the Barony will help inspire more local performances. There are no weighty duties attached to this role, just the prestige of winning the competition and as the opportunity arises, over the next year, continue to help inspire the Bardic Arts across Lochac.
There are T-Shirts currently being planned. There will be a separate post about this shortly including all the details on how to order and pay. This is run separate to the main booking process.
Tents, Beds and Bedding
Unfortunately the Scouts, who we hired the tents and beds off last year have changed their policies and pricing yet again and they are no longer available. At least not for a reasonable price.
Never fear though, if you need assistance with tents and beds then please email our bookings officer Kamara at email@example.com
She will facilitate locals to loan tents and beds. Bedding (sheets, blankets etc) is already included as an option on the booking form so please select that as needed.
If you are coordinating something direct with a local please don’t double up with Kamara.
The website is up to date with the latest information.
A Facebook Event has been setup. It can be found here
This year we have gone a long way to fully automating the booking process. A very big thanks to Sebastian and Kamara for all their hard work in the background getting this up and running. The process for booking is as follows:
- Go to the website https://gnw.lochac.sca.org/
- Go to the bookings tab and follow the link to a Google Form.
- Fill out and submit the form online.
- An automated email with a PDF will be emailed to you confirming your booking.
- After that a further email will be sent from Kamara, our Bookings Officer. This will be an invoice generated in ‘Square’, an online payment system. Note, the setup of this is a manual process so there may be a short delay for this to be sent to you. Note that you will have received an automated email confirming you are booked so there should hopefully be no uncertainty as to whether the booking went through or not.
- From the invoice email click the pay button. This will take you to a website page and you enter your credit card details and submit. It is very quick and easy to follow. Once submitted, an automatic confirmation of payment email is sent.
- There will also be the ‘Square’ electronic payments at the Gate. It is strongly preferred that people are pre-booked and paid to ensure quick entry to site with minimal sign in time. The electronic payments on site are there to minimise any cash on site risks. There will be a faster sign-in process for all pre-paid attendees.
If at any time you have issues or need to confirm something please contact our Bookings Officer, Kamara, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If anyone is interested in specific details of the process, why we’ve chosen this method and how it all works I’m happy to discuss privately. There’s been about three months work on and off by several of us to get to this point so I am happy to discuss / review with anyone interested in this, especially if you think you might have something to improve the system.